Lord Howe Island
Lord Howe Island RSL sub-Branch | RSL NSW
Corner of Lagoon Road and Middle Beach Road, Lord Howe Island 2898
Meeting: Quarterly, at the Museum Time: 5.00pm
The Lord Howe Island Museum is located in the RSL Hall, which was opened in 1951. The museum was established in 1978 to house artefacts collected by Jim Dorman, the museum's first curator. Renovations were completed in 2008 to house the growing collection of artefacts and improve the museum's displays.
The museum currently operates with a voluntary committee of seven, and a part time curator carries out activities and oversees projects nominated by the committee. A pool of volunteers operates the reception desk. The museum includes a cafe, the museum shop and the Visitor Information Centre.